Monday, June 1, 2009

Sudanese Smoking Team


So then...the other day as I was leaving for work, I noticed a trio of Sudanese boys/men casually strolling down our street pulling drags off of cigarettes...no biggie. A few days later, as I was getting ready to head out on a bike ride, I see, what seems to be to be, the same trio, rolling up my street in a minivan. They park at the end of the block (I use the term 'park' loosely, because they did a crap job of it), step out, light up, and stroll down the block, puffin' away.

Being the neighborhood watchdog I am, I bide my time, and...erm...watch. They walk around the corner, cop a squat on some railroad ties, and puff their brains out. However, they smoke with a certain rigidness...somewhere along the lines of 'oh shit...if my grandmomma sees me smoking, she'll beat me with a yardstick.' They look so 'hard', yet scared to death. I have seen these guys stroll/smoking up and down my street no less than 10 times in the last month. It's funny...just thought I'd share.

No comments: